A two-year project reveals the first lady’s roots to the Civil War era. Author Rachel L. Swarns discovered many white relatives that scattered across the South.
“Meet Your Cousin, the First Lady: A Family Story, Long Hidden” includes the journey of discovering Obama’s family ancestry which interestingly connected her to retired bookkeeper, Joan Tribble.
Tribble’s legacy was birthed on the plantations of Georgia where her great great grandfather was a prominent slave owner.
Obama and Tribble are related.
The link was established through more than two years of research into Mrs. Obama’s roots, which included DNA tests of white and black relatives. Like many African Americans, Mrs. Obama was aware that she had white ancestry, but knew little more, says the Times.
Read more at NY Times.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here