*A musical based on the life of legendary Motown Records founder Berry Gordy is set to open on Broadway next year, reports the Associated Press.
Producers today announced that “Motown,” with 81-year-old Gordy writing his own book, will open in the spring of 2013 at a Nederlander Theatre to be announced. It will be directed by Charles Randolph-Wright.
The songs will include those made famous by Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five.
Says producer Doug Morris states: “This is an amazing opportunity for everyone to experience the Motown phenomenon through the eyes of the man who lived it.”
Casting and dates will be revealed in the months ahead.
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here