Media sources report the clip will feature Nas’ own daughter Destiny as the star. With Destiny on board, the video takes a more personal turn as Nas chronicles the father-daughter relationship they have through Destiny’s eyes.
“Right off the bat, he really loved the idea of the P.O.V.,” the video’s director, Chris Robinson, recently shared with MTV News, adding that Nas himself made the call to cast Destiny in the video. “I think that this song for Nas is so personal, everything in the song is real, that he wanted to share this moment with his fans, with the world, and it was actually his suggestion. I was ready to cast someone, and he was real calm and said, ‘Hey, Dest is gonna be here, I think we need to keep it real.’ ”
The “Daughters” video comes amid the release of Nas’ forthcoming album, Life is Good. The “Daughters” song, which finds the rapper admitting to his faults and disappointments as a father, will appear on the LP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here