Media sources report the clip will feature Nas’ own daughter Destiny as the star. With Destiny on board, the video takes a more personal turn as Nas chronicles the father-daughter relationship they have through Destiny’s eyes.
“Right off the bat, he really loved the idea of the P.O.V.,” the video’s director, Chris Robinson, recently shared with MTV News, adding that Nas himself made the call to cast Destiny in the video. “I think that this song for Nas is so personal, everything in the song is real, that he wanted to share this moment with his fans, with the world, and it was actually his suggestion. I was ready to cast someone, and he was real calm and said, ‘Hey, Dest is gonna be here, I think we need to keep it real.’ ”
The “Daughters” video comes amid the release of Nas’ forthcoming album, Life is Good. The “Daughters” song, which finds the rapper admitting to his faults and disappointments as a father, will appear on the LP.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here