*Nicole Richie says that her first-ever fragrance, titled Nicole, was inspired by the scents that her mother Brenda Harvey used to wear when the TV star was a child.
”I have a very traditional Southern mom – you never left the house without lotion,” Richie told WWD. ”Over her lotion went oil and perfume – she was very put together from head to toe. It wasn’t just a one-dimensional smell – there were many different layers.”
For her scent, Nicole wanted amber, cashmere woods and vanilla smells to be included, as well as hints of Seville orange, Moroccan rose, lily of the valley, sandalwood and sugared patchouli. Bottles are available for $55 and $69 and will be available in September.
The 30-year-old star said she even wanted the packaging to represent ”different layers of a woman,”, which she also incorporates into her women’s clothing and jewelry lines Winter Kate and House of Harlow 1960, named after her four-year-old daughter, Harlow Winter Kate Richie Madden.
”I’m very particular in the way that I create,” she said. “We’re in an interesting time right now where women aren’t just one thing – there are many different parts to a woman. So I wanted to create a very intricate bottle that was still elegant, but not so in-your-face girly at the same time.”
Brenda and ex-husband Lionel Richie took Nicole in when she was 3-years-old after her biological father, musician Peter Escovedo, and her mother Karen were unable to financially provide for her. The Richies legally adopted Nicole when she was 9.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here