*Being a big time basketball fan and a serious hoopster himself, one would think President Obama would share with those interested as to which team he thinks will win this year’s NBA championship series, which begins tonight in Oklahoma City.
Well, that’s just not the case. Remember, it’s an election year and even though it’s “just a game” as the saying goes, politically speaking Mr. Obama doesn’t want to go there because the series pits the Oklahoma City Thunder from solidly Republican Oklahoma against the Miami Heat, in the crucial swing state of Florida.
Asked by a television reporter from Reno, Nev., to predict a winner on Monday the prez, took a pass.
“Both teams look terrific and I am looking forward to a good series. Hopefully, it will go to seven games. But I can’t make a prediction right now. They both look pretty tough.”
That’s about as politically correct as you can get. He didn’t get to be president by being stupid.
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here