First off, it means that Republicans all over the country are furious.
Like EURweb on Facebook
And while many are talking about what this law and it being upheld means, what about the effects it has for women.
Here’s an Essence writer’s excerpt on what she feels it means for women:
This is great news for all Americans, but it is especially great news to the millions of Americans who are uninsured. And for people of color and women of color, today is great victory. Here are just a few examples of the benefits of Obamacare to communities of color:
• While women of color represent 36.3 percent of the U.S. female population, they account for 53.2 percent of uninsured women. In 2014 up to 10.3 million women will gain insurance coverage when Medicaid expands its eligibility to include people with incomes below 138 percent of the federal poverty level
• Women of color have disproportionately higher ratesof diabetes, obesity, heart disease and hypertension, and certain forms of cancer.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here