First off, it means that Republicans all over the country are furious.
Like EURweb on Facebook
And while many are talking about what this law and it being upheld means, what about the effects it has for women.
Here’s an Essence writer’s excerpt on what she feels it means for women:
This is great news for all Americans, but it is especially great news to the millions of Americans who are uninsured. And for people of color and women of color, today is great victory. Here are just a few examples of the benefits of Obamacare to communities of color:
• While women of color represent 36.3 percent of the U.S. female population, they account for 53.2 percent of uninsured women. In 2014 up to 10.3 million women will gain insurance coverage when Medicaid expands its eligibility to include people with incomes below 138 percent of the federal poverty level
• Women of color have disproportionately higher ratesof diabetes, obesity, heart disease and hypertension, and certain forms of cancer.
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here