First off, it means that Republicans all over the country are furious.
Like EURweb on Facebook
And while many are talking about what this law and it being upheld means, what about the effects it has for women.
Here’s an Essence writer’s excerpt on what she feels it means for women:
This is great news for all Americans, but it is especially great news to the millions of Americans who are uninsured. And for people of color and women of color, today is great victory. Here are just a few examples of the benefits of Obamacare to communities of color:
• While women of color represent 36.3 percent of the U.S. female population, they account for 53.2 percent of uninsured women. In 2014 up to 10.3 million women will gain insurance coverage when Medicaid expands its eligibility to include people with incomes below 138 percent of the federal poverty level
• Women of color have disproportionately higher ratesof diabetes, obesity, heart disease and hypertension, and certain forms of cancer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here