“Verses & Flow,” sponsored by Lexus, is back and will begin taping its second season on June 11 at the historic Belasco Theater in Downtown Los Angeles.
This year’s host is actor Omari Hardwick who’s known for his performances in TV shows and films, including “CSI: Miami,” “Dark Blue” and “For Colored Girls.” Hardwick can also be seen in the summer release of “Sparkle” playing alongside the late Whitney Houston.
Hardwick, a poet who moved to Los Angeles several years ago to hone his craft, commented, “Being brought on as the host of ‘Verses & Flow’ feels like I’m the prodigal poet returning home. As a poet who has been blessed with success as a film and TV actor, it’s been easy to forget how much success I have experienced as a poet and how prolific the journey has been. I commend Lexus for creating this platform.”
Continuing the success of “Verses & Flow,” this season will be comprised of eight 30-minute weekly variety shows. Each episode will consist of a performance by a music artist as well as performances by three featured poets.
“Omari Hardwick is a dynamic performer and we’re pleased he will be hosting ‘Verses & Flow,’” said Lexus Vice President of Marketing Brian Smith. “His poetic background will add a valuable dimension as musical and spoken word performances are showcased. We look forward to a tremendous Season Two.”
“Verses & Flow” will be broadcast on TV One and will debut on Friday, August 31. Supplementing the television show, exclusive content will be available on Lexus’ portal for African-American content, Luxury Awaits (http://www.luxuryawaits.com).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here