*Robin Roberts has been receiving support from her colleagues, fans, and even the White House following news that she has been diagnosed with a blood and bone barrow disease once known as preleukemia.
The “Good Morning America” host received a tweet from First Lady Michelle Obama stating: “Barack and I have you in our prayers. We believe in you and thank you for bringing awareness and hope to others.”
Roberts is expected to get a bone marrow transplant sometime this fall, with her older sister Sally Ann volunteering to be a donor.
Speaking on Good Morning America on Monday, Roberts defiantly stated, “My doctors tell me I’m going to beat this, and I know it’s true.”
Her sister Sally Ann said she was thankful she has the marrow that Robin can use, saying, “I’m just so very grateful that I did match her because there are many, many people right now who are dying for a match and have no one in their family who are eligible.”
Robin is understood to have developed the disease – known as MDS – as a result of her breast cancer treatment a couple of years ago, though Dr. Richard Besser – ABC’’s medical correspondent – says the manner of transmission is so rare, it only affects a few hundred people per year.
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here