*Robin Roberts has been receiving support from her colleagues, fans, and even the White House following news that she has been diagnosed with a blood and bone barrow disease once known as preleukemia.
The “Good Morning America” host received a tweet from First Lady Michelle Obama stating: “Barack and I have you in our prayers. We believe in you and thank you for bringing awareness and hope to others.”
Roberts is expected to get a bone marrow transplant sometime this fall, with her older sister Sally Ann volunteering to be a donor.
Speaking on Good Morning America on Monday, Roberts defiantly stated, “My doctors tell me I’m going to beat this, and I know it’s true.”
Her sister Sally Ann said she was thankful she has the marrow that Robin can use, saying, “I’m just so very grateful that I did match her because there are many, many people right now who are dying for a match and have no one in their family who are eligible.”
Robin is understood to have developed the disease – known as MDS – as a result of her breast cancer treatment a couple of years ago, though Dr. Richard Besser – ABC’’s medical correspondent – says the manner of transmission is so rare, it only affects a few hundred people per year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Should Nicole Arbour's ‘Dear Black People’ Video be Banned? (WATCH)
- The Big Reward in Trump's Perennial Race-Baiting
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here