The film is about the life of legendary athlete Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American pro-baseball player to achieve the level of major leagues.
“42” stars Harrison Ford as Brooklyn Dodgers general manager, Branch Rickey, and Chadwich Boseman as the main star.
While Obama is a noted basketball fan, he mentioned Robinson in a recent campaign fundraiser, hosted by Willie Mays.
“The fact is, we don’t make that history unless there are people like Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays, who helped to lay the groundwork for a more inclusive America,” the president said on June 5.
Mays re-endorsed Obama that day.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here