The film is about the life of legendary athlete Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American pro-baseball player to achieve the level of major leagues.
“42” stars Harrison Ford as Brooklyn Dodgers general manager, Branch Rickey, and Chadwich Boseman as the main star.
While Obama is a noted basketball fan, he mentioned Robinson in a recent campaign fundraiser, hosted by Willie Mays.
“The fact is, we don’t make that history unless there are people like Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays, who helped to lay the groundwork for a more inclusive America,” the president said on June 5.
Mays re-endorsed Obama that day.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here