The film is about the life of legendary athlete Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American pro-baseball player to achieve the level of major leagues.
“42” stars Harrison Ford as Brooklyn Dodgers general manager, Branch Rickey, and Chadwich Boseman as the main star.
While Obama is a noted basketball fan, he mentioned Robinson in a recent campaign fundraiser, hosted by Willie Mays.
“The fact is, we don’t make that history unless there are people like Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays, who helped to lay the groundwork for a more inclusive America,” the president said on June 5.
Mays re-endorsed Obama that day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here