The film is about the life of legendary athlete Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American pro-baseball player to achieve the level of major leagues.
“42” stars Harrison Ford as Brooklyn Dodgers general manager, Branch Rickey, and Chadwich Boseman as the main star.
While Obama is a noted basketball fan, he mentioned Robinson in a recent campaign fundraiser, hosted by Willie Mays.
“The fact is, we don’t make that history unless there are people like Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays, who helped to lay the groundwork for a more inclusive America,” the president said on June 5.
Mays re-endorsed Obama that day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here