*Prince has been denied permission to perform a free concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris next month because the proposed show clashes with the country’s Bastille Day celebrations.
The singer wanted to stage a July 14th charity concert under the tourist attraction to mark the national holiday, but his request was rejected by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe as locals traditionally celebrate with a major fireworks display at the venue.
“There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organize a concert on July 14. But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project,” said a rep for the mayor. “We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way.”
Prince and his team are now looking at September for the concert, which aims to raise awareness about the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here