*Prince has been denied permission to perform a free concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris next month because the proposed show clashes with the country’s Bastille Day celebrations.
The singer wanted to stage a July 14th charity concert under the tourist attraction to mark the national holiday, but his request was rejected by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe as locals traditionally celebrate with a major fireworks display at the venue.
“There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organize a concert on July 14. But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project,” said a rep for the mayor. “We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way.”
Prince and his team are now looking at September for the concert, which aims to raise awareness about the fight against HIV and AIDS.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here