*Prince has been denied permission to perform a free concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris next month because the proposed show clashes with the country’s Bastille Day celebrations.
The singer wanted to stage a July 14th charity concert under the tourist attraction to mark the national holiday, but his request was rejected by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe as locals traditionally celebrate with a major fireworks display at the venue.
“There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organize a concert on July 14. But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project,” said a rep for the mayor. “We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way.”
Prince and his team are now looking at September for the concert, which aims to raise awareness about the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here