*Prince has been denied permission to perform a free concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris next month because the proposed show clashes with the country’s Bastille Day celebrations.
The singer wanted to stage a July 14th charity concert under the tourist attraction to mark the national holiday, but his request was rejected by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe as locals traditionally celebrate with a major fireworks display at the venue.
“There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organize a concert on July 14. But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project,” said a rep for the mayor. “We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way.”
Prince and his team are now looking at September for the concert, which aims to raise awareness about the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here