*Prince has been denied permission to perform a free concert under the Eiffel Tower in Paris next month because the proposed show clashes with the country’s Bastille Day celebrations.
The singer wanted to stage a July 14th charity concert under the tourist attraction to mark the national holiday, but his request was rejected by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe as locals traditionally celebrate with a major fireworks display at the venue.
“There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organize a concert on July 14. But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project,” said a rep for the mayor. “We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way.”
Prince and his team are now looking at September for the concert, which aims to raise awareness about the fight against HIV and AIDS.
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here