R. Kelly’s camp has issued a press release explaining the nature of his sudden illness and its implications:
While on his way to New York this morning (06-27-12) to celebrate the publication of his long-awaited memoir “SoulaCoaster,” multi-platinum R&B superstar R. Kelly was taken ill and had to return to Chicago for medical treatment. Initial indications are that he is suffering from complications from surgery he had last year to treat an abscess on his vocal cords. As a result, Kelly has had to cancel appearances on “The Jimmy Fallon Show” and NBC’s “Today” as well as a book party that was being held in his honor. It is unclear how long Kelly may be sidelined.
Earlier we reported …
*Something is wrong with R. Kelly.
Now a lot of folks would say that’s not exactly new news, but seriously he’s having health issues.
According to TMZ, R. Kelly is suffering from a mysterious “health emergency” that’s caused the singer to cancel an event in New York this evening.
Like EURweb on Facebook
They spoke with Kelly’s rep who told them that the singer has officially postponed tonight’s (“Soulacoaster“) book launch event in NYC “due to a health emergency that has sidelined Mr. Kelly in Chicago.”
The rep would not disclose the nature of the illness but adds, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here