R. Kelly’s camp has issued a press release explaining the nature of his sudden illness and its implications:
While on his way to New York this morning (06-27-12) to celebrate the publication of his long-awaited memoir “SoulaCoaster,” multi-platinum R&B superstar R. Kelly was taken ill and had to return to Chicago for medical treatment. Initial indications are that he is suffering from complications from surgery he had last year to treat an abscess on his vocal cords. As a result, Kelly has had to cancel appearances on “The Jimmy Fallon Show” and NBC’s “Today” as well as a book party that was being held in his honor. It is unclear how long Kelly may be sidelined.
Earlier we reported …
*Something is wrong with R. Kelly.
Now a lot of folks would say that’s not exactly new news, but seriously he’s having health issues.
According to TMZ, R. Kelly is suffering from a mysterious “health emergency” that’s caused the singer to cancel an event in New York this evening.
Like EURweb on Facebook
They spoke with Kelly’s rep who told them that the singer has officially postponed tonight’s (“Soulacoaster“) book launch event in NYC “due to a health emergency that has sidelined Mr. Kelly in Chicago.”
The rep would not disclose the nature of the illness but adds, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here