R. Kelly’s camp has issued a press release explaining the nature of his sudden illness and its implications:
While on his way to New York this morning (06-27-12) to celebrate the publication of his long-awaited memoir “SoulaCoaster,” multi-platinum R&B superstar R. Kelly was taken ill and had to return to Chicago for medical treatment. Initial indications are that he is suffering from complications from surgery he had last year to treat an abscess on his vocal cords. As a result, Kelly has had to cancel appearances on “The Jimmy Fallon Show” and NBC’s “Today” as well as a book party that was being held in his honor. It is unclear how long Kelly may be sidelined.
Earlier we reported …
*Something is wrong with R. Kelly.
Now a lot of folks would say that’s not exactly new news, but seriously he’s having health issues.
According to TMZ, R. Kelly is suffering from a mysterious “health emergency” that’s caused the singer to cancel an event in New York this evening.
Like EURweb on Facebook
They spoke with Kelly’s rep who told them that the singer has officially postponed tonight’s (“Soulacoaster“) book launch event in NYC “due to a health emergency that has sidelined Mr. Kelly in Chicago.”
The rep would not disclose the nature of the illness but adds, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here