R. Kelly’s camp has issued a press release explaining the nature of his sudden illness and its implications:
While on his way to New York this morning (06-27-12) to celebrate the publication of his long-awaited memoir “SoulaCoaster,” multi-platinum R&B superstar R. Kelly was taken ill and had to return to Chicago for medical treatment. Initial indications are that he is suffering from complications from surgery he had last year to treat an abscess on his vocal cords. As a result, Kelly has had to cancel appearances on “The Jimmy Fallon Show” and NBC’s “Today” as well as a book party that was being held in his honor. It is unclear how long Kelly may be sidelined.
Earlier we reported …
*Something is wrong with R. Kelly.
Now a lot of folks would say that’s not exactly new news, but seriously he’s having health issues.
According to TMZ, R. Kelly is suffering from a mysterious “health emergency” that’s caused the singer to cancel an event in New York this evening.
Like EURweb on Facebook
They spoke with Kelly’s rep who told them that the singer has officially postponed tonight’s (“Soulacoaster“) book launch event in NYC “due to a health emergency that has sidelined Mr. Kelly in Chicago.”
The rep would not disclose the nature of the illness but adds, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here