*(Via theGrio) – With a new bond hearing set for Friday, the prosecution in the case of George Zimmerman released a raft of evidence, much of which duplicates a release by Zimmerman’s legal team. But among the new nuggets made public Tuesday was an unredacted version of the report by the lead homicide investigator in the death of Trayvon Martin, revealing Officer Chris Serrino’s doubts about how badly Zimmerman was injured, and whether Martin actually posed a deadly threat to him.
Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder in the killing of Martin on February 26th. His lawyer, Mark O’Mara, released several new pieces of evidence last week, including Zimmerman’s interviews with police after the shooting, and a walk-through Zimmerman did with Sanford police officers at the shooting scene. The document release today included much of the same information, but also a few new items:
– The investigator believed Zimmerman failed to take advantage of “at least two opportunities to speak with Trayvon Benjamin Martin in order to defuse the circumstances surrounding their encounter.” His report states that “On at least two occasions, Geroge Michael Zimmerman fialed to idenftify himself as a concerned resident or a neighborhood watch member” to the Miami teen.
– Serino doubted that Zimmerman was at “an extraordinary or exceptional” physical disadvantage to Martin during their encounter, “based on the physical dimensions” of the two, “coupled with the absence of any specialized training in hand to hand combat between either combatant.”
Read/learn more and find out what the other items are in Joy-Ann Reid’s report at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here