*(Via theGrio) – With a new bond hearing set for Friday, the prosecution in the case of George Zimmerman released a raft of evidence, much of which duplicates a release by Zimmerman’s legal team. But among the new nuggets made public Tuesday was an unredacted version of the report by the lead homicide investigator in the death of Trayvon Martin, revealing Officer Chris Serrino’s doubts about how badly Zimmerman was injured, and whether Martin actually posed a deadly threat to him.
Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder in the killing of Martin on February 26th. His lawyer, Mark O’Mara, released several new pieces of evidence last week, including Zimmerman’s interviews with police after the shooting, and a walk-through Zimmerman did with Sanford police officers at the shooting scene. The document release today included much of the same information, but also a few new items:
– The investigator believed Zimmerman failed to take advantage of “at least two opportunities to speak with Trayvon Benjamin Martin in order to defuse the circumstances surrounding their encounter.” His report states that “On at least two occasions, Geroge Michael Zimmerman fialed to idenftify himself as a concerned resident or a neighborhood watch member” to the Miami teen.
– Serino doubted that Zimmerman was at “an extraordinary or exceptional” physical disadvantage to Martin during their encounter, “based on the physical dimensions” of the two, “coupled with the absence of any specialized training in hand to hand combat between either combatant.”
Read/learn more and find out what the other items are in Joy-Ann Reid’s report at theGrio.
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here