*(Via theGrio) – With a new bond hearing set for Friday, the prosecution in the case of George Zimmerman released a raft of evidence, much of which duplicates a release by Zimmerman’s legal team. But among the new nuggets made public Tuesday was an unredacted version of the report by the lead homicide investigator in the death of Trayvon Martin, revealing Officer Chris Serrino’s doubts about how badly Zimmerman was injured, and whether Martin actually posed a deadly threat to him.
Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder in the killing of Martin on February 26th. His lawyer, Mark O’Mara, released several new pieces of evidence last week, including Zimmerman’s interviews with police after the shooting, and a walk-through Zimmerman did with Sanford police officers at the shooting scene. The document release today included much of the same information, but also a few new items:
– The investigator believed Zimmerman failed to take advantage of “at least two opportunities to speak with Trayvon Benjamin Martin in order to defuse the circumstances surrounding their encounter.” His report states that “On at least two occasions, Geroge Michael Zimmerman fialed to idenftify himself as a concerned resident or a neighborhood watch member” to the Miami teen.
– Serino doubted that Zimmerman was at “an extraordinary or exceptional” physical disadvantage to Martin during their encounter, “based on the physical dimensions” of the two, “coupled with the absence of any specialized training in hand to hand combat between either combatant.”
Read/learn more and find out what the other items are in Joy-Ann Reid’s report at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here