It’s been nearly three years since Rihanna and Chris Brown broke off their romantic relationship and the news of domestic violence bubbled over to the media.
But this was her last straw when one reporter asked a question about Brown. Rihanna seemed to have grown old of the topic altogether.
When Esquire interviewer asked about remixes for “Birthday Cake” and “Turn Up the Music,” Rihanna began to bristle and their chat took a turn for the worse.
“Some love it; some hate it. Some love it but hate that we did it, but the response in the end has been incredible,” Rihanna said of reactions to the songs.
“It caught me a little off-guard to be honest … especially the amount of … negative attention because it never occurred to me how this was a problem, you know. It really didn’t,” she added. “I thought people were gonna be surprised that we finally did a record together, but I didn’t see how people could think it was a bad thing, you know? In my mind, it was just music.”
The reporter pushed the topic a bit, suggesting that perhaps the song sent the wrong message.
Rihanna basically said it’s not what it’s not and is what it is. They’re not together and if they ever did get back together, that’s when those questions need to be asked.
It went further lert when the writer said it’s hard not to look at her as a victim of domestic violence.
“I know. And that’s how f-cked up society is. There’s a lot of sh-t y’all can’t get over,” Rihanna snapped. “I am never going to get caught up in that. I’m gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it – and I lived it for me- and God. This is turning into a tacky interview. What do you really want to talk about? I’m not here to [talk] about messy sh-t.”
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here