It’s been nearly three years since Rihanna and Chris Brown broke off their romantic relationship and the news of domestic violence bubbled over to the media.
But this was her last straw when one reporter asked a question about Brown. Rihanna seemed to have grown old of the topic altogether.
When Esquire interviewer asked about remixes for “Birthday Cake” and “Turn Up the Music,” Rihanna began to bristle and their chat took a turn for the worse.
“Some love it; some hate it. Some love it but hate that we did it, but the response in the end has been incredible,” Rihanna said of reactions to the songs.
“It caught me a little off-guard to be honest … especially the amount of … negative attention because it never occurred to me how this was a problem, you know. It really didn’t,” she added. “I thought people were gonna be surprised that we finally did a record together, but I didn’t see how people could think it was a bad thing, you know? In my mind, it was just music.”
The reporter pushed the topic a bit, suggesting that perhaps the song sent the wrong message.
Rihanna basically said it’s not what it’s not and is what it is. They’re not together and if they ever did get back together, that’s when those questions need to be asked.
It went further lert when the writer said it’s hard not to look at her as a victim of domestic violence.
“I know. And that’s how f-cked up society is. There’s a lot of sh-t y’all can’t get over,” Rihanna snapped. “I am never going to get caught up in that. I’m gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it – and I lived it for me- and God. This is turning into a tacky interview. What do you really want to talk about? I’m not here to [talk] about messy sh-t.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here