*With two of her ex-boyfriends making headlines over their bar brawl, Rihanna is forging ahead with her acting career by signing on to the Dreamworks animated film “Happy Smekday!”
The singer will follow up her big-screen debut in “Battleship” with the forthcoming film adaptation of Adam Rex’s children’s book “The True Meaning of Smekday.” The story follows 11-year-old human Tip, and is about a group of aliens invading Earth on Christmas Eve after they have been forced by a villainous race to leave their own planet.
Tim Johnson, the co-director for “Antz,” will helm the film, and “The Big Bang Theory” star Jim Parsons is also on board, according to the Press Association. No further casting has been announced.
“Happy Smekday” is scheduled for a late 2014 release.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here