*With two of her ex-boyfriends making headlines over their bar brawl, Rihanna is forging ahead with her acting career by signing on to the Dreamworks animated film “Happy Smekday!”
The singer will follow up her big-screen debut in “Battleship” with the forthcoming film adaptation of Adam Rex’s children’s book “The True Meaning of Smekday.” The story follows 11-year-old human Tip, and is about a group of aliens invading Earth on Christmas Eve after they have been forced by a villainous race to leave their own planet.
Tim Johnson, the co-director for “Antz,” will helm the film, and “The Big Bang Theory” star Jim Parsons is also on board, according to the Press Association. No further casting has been announced.
“Happy Smekday” is scheduled for a late 2014 release.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here