*With two of her ex-boyfriends making headlines over their bar brawl, Rihanna is forging ahead with her acting career by signing on to the Dreamworks animated film “Happy Smekday!”
The singer will follow up her big-screen debut in “Battleship” with the forthcoming film adaptation of Adam Rex’s children’s book “The True Meaning of Smekday.” The story follows 11-year-old human Tip, and is about a group of aliens invading Earth on Christmas Eve after they have been forced by a villainous race to leave their own planet.
Tim Johnson, the co-director for “Antz,” will helm the film, and “The Big Bang Theory” star Jim Parsons is also on board, according to the Press Association. No further casting has been announced.
“Happy Smekday” is scheduled for a late 2014 release.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here