*With two of her ex-boyfriends making headlines over their bar brawl, Rihanna is forging ahead with her acting career by signing on to the Dreamworks animated film “Happy Smekday!”
The singer will follow up her big-screen debut in “Battleship” with the forthcoming film adaptation of Adam Rex’s children’s book “The True Meaning of Smekday.” The story follows 11-year-old human Tip, and is about a group of aliens invading Earth on Christmas Eve after they have been forced by a villainous race to leave their own planet.
Tim Johnson, the co-director for “Antz,” will helm the film, and “The Big Bang Theory” star Jim Parsons is also on board, according to the Press Association. No further casting has been announced.
“Happy Smekday” is scheduled for a late 2014 release.
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here