*A rep for R. Kelly says the singer is settling his debts with tax authorities and is confident he’ll soon be in the clear, reports TMZ.
The crooner is accused of falling behind with his federal income taxes and has been hit with bills amounting to $4.8 million from the Internal Revenue Service.
He’s now attempting to work out a payment plan to resolve the debt, which dates back to 2005.
“R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied,” said the rep.
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here