*A rep for R. Kelly says the singer is settling his debts with tax authorities and is confident he’ll soon be in the clear, reports TMZ.
The crooner is accused of falling behind with his federal income taxes and has been hit with bills amounting to $4.8 million from the Internal Revenue Service.
He’s now attempting to work out a payment plan to resolve the debt, which dates back to 2005.
“R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied,” said the rep.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here