The “Good Morning America” anchor announced on the ABC show Monday morning that she has been diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a blood and bone marrow disease once known as preleukemia.
It will require her to start chemotherapy and get a bone marrow transplant.
She says she will undergo chemo and a bone marrow transplant this year as “pretreatment” for the disease, which she says she has known about for several weeks. She says her sister is a great match for her. While she says she’ll miss a day here and there, she’ll remain on the air.
Roberts battled breast cancer five years ago.
Watch as an emotional Robin explain her condition:
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here