The “Good Morning America” anchor announced on the ABC show Monday morning that she has been diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a blood and bone marrow disease once known as preleukemia.
It will require her to start chemotherapy and get a bone marrow transplant.
She says she will undergo chemo and a bone marrow transplant this year as “pretreatment” for the disease, which she says she has known about for several weeks. She says her sister is a great match for her. While she says she’ll miss a day here and there, she’ll remain on the air.
Roberts battled breast cancer five years ago.
Watch as an emotional Robin explain her condition:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here