*With news of the drowning death of Rodney King, community leaders in South Los Angeles are calling for – and have scheduled – a tribute in his memory.
The tribute is scheduled for Monday, June 18 in Leimert Park.
What? South Central Los Angeles Community leaders will hold a community tribute in memory of Rodney King.
When? Monday June 18th 2012
Where Leimert Park 3415 W.43rd street Place90043 ( Crenshaw and Vernon)
Why? “Rodney King, was the most victim of one of the worst police brutality beatings in history, his struggles along the way were well documented but in the end we view him as a community hero who always fought back against his personal demons and adversity to move forward with his life with class and dignity even going as far as to forgive the L.A.P.D.officers who beat him.” — Najee Ali, Director of Project Islamic HOPE.
Vigil sponsored by Project Islamic HOPE.
Contact Najee Ali
Director of Project Islamic HOPE
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here