*With news of the drowning death of Rodney King, community leaders in South Los Angeles are calling for – and have scheduled – a tribute in his memory.
The tribute is scheduled for Monday, June 18 in Leimert Park.
What? South Central Los Angeles Community leaders will hold a community tribute in memory of Rodney King.
When? Monday June 18th 2012
Where Leimert Park 3415 W.43rd street Place90043 ( Crenshaw and Vernon)
Why? “Rodney King, was the most victim of one of the worst police brutality beatings in history, his struggles along the way were well documented but in the end we view him as a community hero who always fought back against his personal demons and adversity to move forward with his life with class and dignity even going as far as to forgive the L.A.P.D.officers who beat him.” — Najee Ali, Director of Project Islamic HOPE.
Vigil sponsored by Project Islamic HOPE.
Contact Najee Ali
Director of Project Islamic HOPE
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here