Despite his historical significance, he was not a rich man with a whole lot of financial influence. And since his passing, his family has had trouble scraping up funds to have a proper burial.
After being granted $3.8 million from a settlement from the City of Los Angeles for the traumatic incident in 1992, he died without any of it.
According to reports, his funeral costs are expected to be no less than $22K.
Now the family is asking the public for help to give the man the funeral they believe he deserves.
In the meantime, an investigation is currently underway to discover the cause of death.
King is remembered by three adult daughters and other family members.
He will be laid to rest on June 30.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here