Despite his historical significance, he was not a rich man with a whole lot of financial influence. And since his passing, his family has had trouble scraping up funds to have a proper burial.
After being granted $3.8 million from a settlement from the City of Los Angeles for the traumatic incident in 1992, he died without any of it.
According to reports, his funeral costs are expected to be no less than $22K.
Now the family is asking the public for help to give the man the funeral they believe he deserves.
In the meantime, an investigation is currently underway to discover the cause of death.
King is remembered by three adult daughters and other family members.
He will be laid to rest on June 30.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here