Despite his historical significance, he was not a rich man with a whole lot of financial influence. And since his passing, his family has had trouble scraping up funds to have a proper burial.
After being granted $3.8 million from a settlement from the City of Los Angeles for the traumatic incident in 1992, he died without any of it.
According to reports, his funeral costs are expected to be no less than $22K.
Now the family is asking the public for help to give the man the funeral they believe he deserves.
In the meantime, an investigation is currently underway to discover the cause of death.
King is remembered by three adult daughters and other family members.
He will be laid to rest on June 30.
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here