Despite his historical significance, he was not a rich man with a whole lot of financial influence. And since his passing, his family has had trouble scraping up funds to have a proper burial.
After being granted $3.8 million from a settlement from the City of Los Angeles for the traumatic incident in 1992, he died without any of it.
According to reports, his funeral costs are expected to be no less than $22K.
Now the family is asking the public for help to give the man the funeral they believe he deserves.
In the meantime, an investigation is currently underway to discover the cause of death.
King is remembered by three adult daughters and other family members.
He will be laid to rest on June 30.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here