*Uh oh. Rodney King is barely dead 24 hours and there’s already drama.
TMZ is reporting that two of Rodney King’s close friends aren’t buying his fiancée’s story about what happened leading up to his death and have gone to the police.
Cynthia Kelley, who was engaged to King, says she was awakened by the sound of him banging on the window of their home just after 5:00 AM on Sunday and then heard him fall in the pool.
Like EURweb on Facebook
But sources close to King say they heard Kelley tell the story several times to friends and each time it changed a little bit. Plus, it seemed to them that she was lying about something.
TMZ also reports that two of Kelley’s friends who spoke with her in the hours following King’s death have also gone to police. A detective took down their story and their information and said he would be in touch.
Meanwhile the Rialto, California police department says so far they’ve discovered no signs of foul play, but is conducting a drowning investigation and an autopsy will be performed.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here