*Samuel L. Jackson has signed on for the cast of MGM and Sony’s remake of “Robocop.”
According to “The Hollywood Reporter,” Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator, while Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
The remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, currently in theaters as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama “Django Unchained.”
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here