*Samuel L. Jackson has signed on for the cast of MGM and Sony’s remake of “Robocop.”
According to “The Hollywood Reporter,” Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator, while Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
The remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, currently in theaters as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama “Django Unchained.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here