*Samuel L. Jackson has signed on for the cast of MGM and Sony’s remake of “Robocop.”
According to “The Hollywood Reporter,” Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator, while Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
The remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, currently in theaters as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama “Django Unchained.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here