*Samuel L. Jackson has signed on for the cast of MGM and Sony’s remake of “Robocop.”
According to “The Hollywood Reporter,” Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer.
Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator, while Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
The remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, currently in theaters as Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama “Django Unchained.”
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here