The former talk show host publicly stated that she and the “Basketball Wives” star have come to an understanding.
After the show had gotten terrible reviews from viewers lately for the ridiculous antics such as fighting, cussing, and all the extra drama that goes along with it, Star has been the front woman in the movement to shut the show and the spin-off “Ev & Ocho,” down.
A petition was started by a Spelman student with the online name of Alexis M on change.org.
“I was never encouraging anybody to boycott somebody’s job. That’s not what I’m about,” Star insisted to Wendy Williams last week.
But Star did say that she was disturbed to see the episode where Evelyn jumped across a table at Jennifer Williams after Evelyn’s assistant Nia Crooks slapped Jenn in the face.
“It just struck me really, really to the core that young brown girls were watching this example of brown women on television and getting their self image,” said Star. “I started to talk about it, and I talked about it on social media and I was pretty harsh when it came down to [it],” Star added. “We don’t have many options on television to watch brown women. We don’t have as much as the majority and little girls deserve our very best.”
Over a few emails, both Star and Evelyn were able to come to an understanding. Evelyn got a revelation after watching her soon-to-be step-daughters imitate her nasty behavior. That was her wake-up call, Star said.
“That should make every one of you scared,” Star told the audience. “If your little girls-your nieces and goddaughters … your daughters … think that that is the way to act, that would make me scared, too. She felt it as a mother, so I take her at her word.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here