The former talk show host publicly stated that she and the “Basketball Wives” star have come to an understanding.
After the show had gotten terrible reviews from viewers lately for the ridiculous antics such as fighting, cussing, and all the extra drama that goes along with it, Star has been the front woman in the movement to shut the show and the spin-off “Ev & Ocho,” down.
A petition was started by a Spelman student with the online name of Alexis M on change.org.
“I was never encouraging anybody to boycott somebody’s job. That’s not what I’m about,” Star insisted to Wendy Williams last week.
But Star did say that she was disturbed to see the episode where Evelyn jumped across a table at Jennifer Williams after Evelyn’s assistant Nia Crooks slapped Jenn in the face.
“It just struck me really, really to the core that young brown girls were watching this example of brown women on television and getting their self image,” said Star. “I started to talk about it, and I talked about it on social media and I was pretty harsh when it came down to [it],” Star added. “We don’t have many options on television to watch brown women. We don’t have as much as the majority and little girls deserve our very best.”
Over a few emails, both Star and Evelyn were able to come to an understanding. Evelyn got a revelation after watching her soon-to-be step-daughters imitate her nasty behavior. That was her wake-up call, Star said.
“That should make every one of you scared,” Star told the audience. “If your little girls-your nieces and goddaughters … your daughters … think that that is the way to act, that would make me scared, too. She felt it as a mother, so I take her at her word.”
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here