New York City broadcasting legend Sue Simmons has done her last newscast for WNBC, the NBC flagship station.
For more than 30 years, Simmons, 69, anchored or co-anchored the news on WNBC/Ch. 4. Mediabistro reports that she’ll be replaced by Shiba Russell on the station’s 11pm newscast.
Like us on Facebook
“Everything comes to an end at some point, and this is it for me here at this station,” Simmons said in a brief final statement that made it clear the transition wasn’t her choice, and that some think didn’t give allow her the time to say a proper goodbye.
Watch the station’s tribute to her heart stopping hilarious rejoinder at the end of the piece:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here