New York City broadcasting legend Sue Simmons has done her last newscast for WNBC, the NBC flagship station.
For more than 30 years, Simmons, 69, anchored or co-anchored the news on WNBC/Ch. 4. Mediabistro reports that she’ll be replaced by Shiba Russell on the station’s 11pm newscast.
Like us on Facebook
“Everything comes to an end at some point, and this is it for me here at this station,” Simmons said in a brief final statement that made it clear the transition wasn’t her choice, and that some think didn’t give allow her the time to say a proper goodbye.
Watch the station’s tribute to her heart stopping hilarious rejoinder at the end of the piece:
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here