New York City broadcasting legend Sue Simmons has done her last newscast for WNBC, the NBC flagship station.
For more than 30 years, Simmons, 69, anchored or co-anchored the news on WNBC/Ch. 4. Mediabistro reports that she’ll be replaced by Shiba Russell on the station’s 11pm newscast.
Like us on Facebook
“Everything comes to an end at some point, and this is it for me here at this station,” Simmons said in a brief final statement that made it clear the transition wasn’t her choice, and that some think didn’t give allow her the time to say a proper goodbye.
Watch the station’s tribute to her heart stopping hilarious rejoinder at the end of the piece:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here