New York City broadcasting legend Sue Simmons has done her last newscast for WNBC, the NBC flagship station.
For more than 30 years, Simmons, 69, anchored or co-anchored the news on WNBC/Ch. 4. Mediabistro reports that she’ll be replaced by Shiba Russell on the station’s 11pm newscast.
Like us on Facebook
“Everything comes to an end at some point, and this is it for me here at this station,” Simmons said in a brief final statement that made it clear the transition wasn’t her choice, and that some think didn’t give allow her the time to say a proper goodbye.
Watch the station’s tribute to her heart stopping hilarious rejoinder at the end of the piece:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here