*The 16th Annual American Black Film Festival started June 20th in Miami Beach, Florida with a celebrity laden event spotlighting the opening night film “Beasts of the Southern Wild.” It’s an enterprising film with unique abstractness focusing on a young girl going through stirring circumstances in an isolated bayou community.
On hand to walk the red carpet opening night was the festival’s ambassador, Tracee Ellis Ross amongst other actors such as Robert Townsend, Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy), Jo Marie Payton (Family Matters), and the festival’s founder/CEO , Film Life, Jeff Friday.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The American Black Film Festival is the culmination of hard working individuals desiring to showcase the works of minority up and coming filmmakers, directors, producers, screen and scriptwriters. During the four day festival, a bevy of workshops/seminars/ and classes presented by industry professionals are offered to registrants who hope to hone their skills in their respective areas.
From short films, to music videos, to documentaries, to feature length films, the hard work of all this emerging talent can be seen at the film festival through a series of screenings. The ABFF seeks to foster and nurture these diverse, amazing talents which might otherwise be overlooked in the mainstream film industry which is why it has been touted as one of the premiere film festivals.
For more info visit: www.abff.com.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here