*(Via Yahoo News) – Two former Auburn University football players were among three people killed in a shooting at an off-campus party late Saturday–and a manhunt is on for the suspected shooter.
The players, Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips, both 20, were confirmed dead by police on Sunday; 20-year-old Demario Pitts was also killed.
Three others–including Eric Mack, a current Auburn offensive lineman–were wounded after gunfire erupted during a fight at an apartment complex near campus, police said. All three were hospitalized.
John Robertson, a 20-year-old who was shot in the head, was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said at a news conference. Xavier Moss, 19, was treated and released from East Alabama Medical Center. Mack remains hospitalized, but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Dawson said police are searching for Desmonte Leonard, 22, of Montgomery, Ala., who has been charged with three counts of capital murder.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
Watch this video report from ABC News:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here