*(Via Yahoo News) – Two former Auburn University football players were among three people killed in a shooting at an off-campus party late Saturday–and a manhunt is on for the suspected shooter.
The players, Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips, both 20, were confirmed dead by police on Sunday; 20-year-old Demario Pitts was also killed.
Three others–including Eric Mack, a current Auburn offensive lineman–were wounded after gunfire erupted during a fight at an apartment complex near campus, police said. All three were hospitalized.
John Robertson, a 20-year-old who was shot in the head, was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said at a news conference. Xavier Moss, 19, was treated and released from East Alabama Medical Center. Mack remains hospitalized, but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Dawson said police are searching for Desmonte Leonard, 22, of Montgomery, Ala., who has been charged with three counts of capital murder.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
Watch this video report from ABC News:
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here