*(Via Yahoo News) – Two former Auburn University football players were among three people killed in a shooting at an off-campus party late Saturday–and a manhunt is on for the suspected shooter.
The players, Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips, both 20, were confirmed dead by police on Sunday; 20-year-old Demario Pitts was also killed.
Three others–including Eric Mack, a current Auburn offensive lineman–were wounded after gunfire erupted during a fight at an apartment complex near campus, police said. All three were hospitalized.
John Robertson, a 20-year-old who was shot in the head, was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said at a news conference. Xavier Moss, 19, was treated and released from East Alabama Medical Center. Mack remains hospitalized, but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Dawson said police are searching for Desmonte Leonard, 22, of Montgomery, Ala., who has been charged with three counts of capital murder.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
Watch this video report from ABC News:
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here