*(Via Yahoo News) – Two former Auburn University football players were among three people killed in a shooting at an off-campus party late Saturday–and a manhunt is on for the suspected shooter.
The players, Edward Christian and Ladarious Phillips, both 20, were confirmed dead by police on Sunday; 20-year-old Demario Pitts was also killed.
Three others–including Eric Mack, a current Auburn offensive lineman–were wounded after gunfire erupted during a fight at an apartment complex near campus, police said. All three were hospitalized.
John Robertson, a 20-year-old who was shot in the head, was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Univ. of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said at a news conference. Xavier Moss, 19, was treated and released from East Alabama Medical Center. Mack remains hospitalized, but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Dawson said police are searching for Desmonte Leonard, 22, of Montgomery, Ala., who has been charged with three counts of capital murder.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
Watch this video report from ABC News:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here