While the trend has lessened in the last few years, Mary Kay consultants are still around and we can remember when everyone became one because they saw the success some of those around them had.
In this piece, writer Sheena Bryant talks about her encounter with a Mary Kay salesperson and how she respects their hustle but is sick and tired of them.
Check out the excerpt below:
Not long ago, I was sitting at a local bar enjoying a quick bite with a friend. As he and I dished about life and sports as guy and gal pals do, a lady comes over to our table and she says to me, “You’re beautiful.” Flattered by her words, I tell her thank you and let her know that I really appreciate the compliment. I intend to get back to the conversation with my friend, but she continues. “And you’re very graceful. I noticed you when you first walked in. Are you a dancer? You have the body of a dancer.” At this point, I’m still flattered but I’m definitely getting a little uneasy. I politely thank her again, and let her know that I am in no way a dancer and that I could only dream to have the body of one. Surely our quick exchange would be over at this point and I’d be able to go on with the conversation I was clearly having when she walked over. Yet, she continues: “May I ask what kind of skin care products you use?”
Read more at MadameNoire
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here