While the trend has lessened in the last few years, Mary Kay consultants are still around and we can remember when everyone became one because they saw the success some of those around them had.
In this piece, writer Sheena Bryant talks about her encounter with a Mary Kay salesperson and how she respects their hustle but is sick and tired of them.
Check out the excerpt below:
Not long ago, I was sitting at a local bar enjoying a quick bite with a friend. As he and I dished about life and sports as guy and gal pals do, a lady comes over to our table and she says to me, “You’re beautiful.” Flattered by her words, I tell her thank you and let her know that I really appreciate the compliment. I intend to get back to the conversation with my friend, but she continues. “And you’re very graceful. I noticed you when you first walked in. Are you a dancer? You have the body of a dancer.” At this point, I’m still flattered but I’m definitely getting a little uneasy. I politely thank her again, and let her know that I am in no way a dancer and that I could only dream to have the body of one. Surely our quick exchange would be over at this point and I’d be able to go on with the conversation I was clearly having when she walked over. Yet, she continues: “May I ask what kind of skin care products you use?”
Read more at MadameNoire
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here