According to the Miami Herald, O’Mara had initially sought to keep the information sealed from the public, but a judge ruled against the lawyers in the case. Prosecutors also wanted the information sealed, because confessions are not considered public record. But because Zimmerman was not “confessing” to a crime, the judge ruled the information had to be released.
They are now posted on O’Mara’s website: www.gzlegalcase.com.
The information also includes a written statement by Zimmerman, where he explained to police that he saw Trayvon “on a rainy night” and was suspicious because of recent burglaries. Zimmerman’s wife was afraid because of rising crime, he said.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Zimmerman said he first saw Trayvon when the teen circled the neighborhood watch volunteer’s vehicle. Then, “the suspect emerged from the darkness,” Zimmerman wrote.
He said Trayvon asked him if he had a problem and then punched him in the face. Zimmerman told police the teen slammed his head on the concrete, put his hand over his mouth to silence his cries for help and then reached for Zimmerman’s gun.
“My head felt like it was going to explode,” Zimmerman wrote.
He said the teen told him, “You’re gonna die tonight mother f—-,” he said. “In fear for my life as he has assured me he was going to kill me,” Zimmerman wrote, he fired one shot into the teen’s torso.
Trayvon said “you got me,” and fell back.
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here