According to the Miami Herald, O’Mara had initially sought to keep the information sealed from the public, but a judge ruled against the lawyers in the case. Prosecutors also wanted the information sealed, because confessions are not considered public record. But because Zimmerman was not “confessing” to a crime, the judge ruled the information had to be released.
They are now posted on O’Mara’s website: www.gzlegalcase.com.
The information also includes a written statement by Zimmerman, where he explained to police that he saw Trayvon “on a rainy night” and was suspicious because of recent burglaries. Zimmerman’s wife was afraid because of rising crime, he said.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Zimmerman said he first saw Trayvon when the teen circled the neighborhood watch volunteer’s vehicle. Then, “the suspect emerged from the darkness,” Zimmerman wrote.
He said Trayvon asked him if he had a problem and then punched him in the face. Zimmerman told police the teen slammed his head on the concrete, put his hand over his mouth to silence his cries for help and then reached for Zimmerman’s gun.
“My head felt like it was going to explode,” Zimmerman wrote.
He said the teen told him, “You’re gonna die tonight mother f—-,” he said. “In fear for my life as he has assured me he was going to kill me,” Zimmerman wrote, he fired one shot into the teen’s torso.
Trayvon said “you got me,” and fell back.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here