*Usher just scored his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as “Looking 4 Myself” debuts atop the list with 128,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan, but it’s his smallest first-week sales for a regular studio album since 1997’s “My Way” bowed with 67,000.
His last studio effort, 2010’s “Raymond v Raymond,” opened at No. 1 with 329,000.
The new album was ushered in by its lead single “Climax,” which is in its ninth straight week at No. 1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Of Usher’s 12 No. 1s on the R&B/Hip-Hop tally, only one has spent more weeks at No. 1: “You Make Me Wanna . . .” (with 11).
On the Pop Songs airplay chart, the album’s top 40-focused single “Scream” rises 11-10, having slipped 10-11 last week. On the all-format Billboard Hot 100 chart, “Scream” slipped 13-14 last week.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here