Renowned Gospel singer Vernon Oliver Price – mother of former lead singer of The Temptations, Louis Price – has completed her first CD titled Thank You Lord.
Produced by Louis on his L Price Records label, the 12-track set is chock full of spiritual love, and drenched with lots of soul. Backed by some of the finest singers and musicians in the music industry, Mother Price serves up a fresh batch of some new and some old traditional Gospel songs like “How Much I Owe,” “He Touched Me,” “No! Never Alone,” and “I Am Thine Oh Lord.” She is joined by Louis on a stand out rendition/arrangement of “Good Enough For Me (Old Time Religion)/Amazing Grace.”
A bonus track offers reflections of Mother Price’s 80 years in music ministry, and a heartfelt segment where she, John Price (her husband of 60 years), and Louis sing together acapella.
A longtime member of St. Paul’s Church of God In Christ, Mother Price is in a league of outstanding singers and performers not only from her own family lineage, but also that of her husband’s side of the family. Her brother-in-law, Gospel great Rebert Harris, was founder and lead singer of The Soul Stirrers of which the great Sam Cooke was a member.
Says Mother Price, “It has been a long time in the making, but I thank God for His refining fire…thank you my supporters and fans who have followed me over the years. You are all in my heart.”
This hit Collector’s CD will not disappoint. Mother Price sings with the force and passion of a committed and musically gifted woman of God.
To hear samples and purchase this collection of great American music, please visit the website at www.VernonOliverPrice.com
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here