*To commemorate the passing of Rodney King, VH1 will re-air the “VH1 Rock Docs” special “UPRISING: Hip Hop and the L.A. Riots” on Wednesday, June 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Executive produced and narrated by Snoop Dogg and directed by Mark Ford, “UPRISING: Hip Hop and The L.A. Riots” tells the story of the most destructive riot in American history. With definitive first-hand accounts and exclusive rare footage, “UPRISING” is told through the diverse perspective of the rappers, musicians, police officers and victims who lived through the landmark L.A. Riots in April, 1992.
Viewers will also witness never-before-heard stories from well-known figures and Hip Hop artists who were affected by or actual participants in the riots, including: Rodney King, Arsenio Hall, Ice T, Professor Todd Boyd (USC), Connie Rice (Civil Rights attorney), John Singleton, Too Short, KRS-One, Nas and Henry Watson (one of the “LA Four” convicted of beating Reginald Denny) and many more.
Additionally, VH1’s “Big Morning Buzz Live” has added an extended never-before-seen interview with Rodney King online: Click here to watch.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here