There have been numerous protests and calls for these shows to be taken off the air.
But why should these shows be taken off the air when people keep watching them? If there’s a demand, someone will supply it and VH1, Bravo and E! continue to do so.
So we ask: “Who is really at fault?”
Our partner site Loop21 recently came up with a great article on the viewers being the problem. Check out the excerpt below:
I still remember how excited I was to hear that “Basketball Wives” was coming on. I wanted to really hear how these women put up with their husbands’ insane schedules, raising kids on their own and the downsides of being public figures.
Instead what I got from the mind of Shaunie O’Neal (fresh off her divorce from Shaq) was a nonstop drama-fest with ex-lovers who forgot they were pushing 40 and way too old for the bottle-throwing, name-calling and bullying that runs rampant. I’m not a faithful watcher of the show, but of the episodes I’ve seen here and there it seems to be the same ol’ formula carried out to a tee: the women meet up, something gets said that pisses someone off and they spend way too long hashing it out without coming to any real agreement or solution.
Read more at Loop 21
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here