*Talk show host Wendy Williams and producers Suzanne de Passe and Madison Jones announced Thursday that they have launched what they’re calling a “production alliance” with plans to make movies and TV series aimed at a multicultural audience.
The new projects – among them, a VH1 adaptation of Star Jones’ first novel – will be presented under the “Wendy Williams Presents” banner, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Wendy’s popularity and brand is evidenced by her success in daytime television,” said de Passe. “We are looking forward to expanding her brand and audience in all areas of filmed and scripted entertainment.”
Jones, a former co-host on “The View,” revealed in May, on Williams show, that she would be doing a TV movie with de Passe for VH1 called “Satan Sisters.” Williams now joins the drama, based on Jones novel set in the gossipy world of daytime TV, as a producer.
“The goal of this strategic partnership is to bring the very best movies of every ilk to the general public,” said Jones, “and greatly enhance the diversity, content and quality of offerings currently available.”
Williams started her career on radio 23 years ago, before launching her talk show in 2008 with Debmar Mercury. She also wrote the book The Wendy Williams Experience, several novels and writes a weekly column for Life & Style Weekly magazine.
Suzanne de Passe has been a producer for a number of years and has a first look deal with Universal Pictures. She is currently working on “King,” the life story of Martin Luther King Jr., with Steven Spielberg at DreamWorks — with Madison Jones also on board as a producer.
Madison Jones credits include founding Revenger Comics and Revenger Studios, and executive producing President Obama’s Commander-in-Chief Inaugural Ball.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here