*Whitney Houston’s companion, Raffles van Excel is speaking out about the late singer’s death.
In an interview with British news outlet, the Sunday Mirror,the Dutch native gives an incredible first hand eyewitness account of what went on in Whitney’s Beverly Hilton Hotel suite in the minutes after she died.
Quite frankly his recount of what happened is so vivid and visual, it’s mind blowing.
He says what he saw still keeps him awake at night and will be forever etched on his mind.
When Raffles van Exel saw Whitney Houston’s bodyguard frantically pumping her chest, he immediately knew she was dead.
The singing legend was naked as she lay rigid on a sodden beige carpet.
Water from the fast-running tap was still pouring out of the bath, forming an eerie, transparent frame around her.
It was an ill-fitting, ignominious end for a woman who was once the best-selling female artist of all time.
Raffles instinctively ran for a towel and covered the bottom half of her body as her devastated bodyguard Ray Watson stood up and began crying into his hands.
Today Raffles becomes the first person in Whitney’s tight inner circle to break the silence surrounding her tragic death in February at the age of 48.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror, he tells how she hid her drug habit from those closest to her in the weeks before she died, and how she seemed to have a premonition about her end.
“Whitney was good at hiding her drug habit,” Raffles says. “I honestly thought she was clean in the two years before she died.
“Yes, she would have the occasional drink. And I knew she was taking painkillers and the anxiety drug Xanax. But I never suspected she was using hard drugs.
“It really shocked me when I found that out. And actually it made me quite mad because I thought, ‘Whitney, you had us all fooled.’
“Everyone thought Whitney was in a good place and we never imagined anything like this was going to happen.”
He adds: “But looking back, Whitney seemed to have a premonition about her death. She started carrying a Bible around everywhere she went and would read from it all the time.
“Also, she kept talking about ‘leaving’ America. I thought she meant she was going to Switzerland, where she had talked about living, but now I realize she meant she was leaving this world.”
Read more of this incredibly vivid and visual account of the event’s after Whitney’s death at Sunday Mirror.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here