*It’s so crazy to hear white folks say stuff like, “I have had black people in my home before.” Or, “I know plenty of black people.”
It’s as though black people are the speckled pup in the room that everyone wants to claim to have touched or encountered in one way or another.
Like EURweb on Facebook
But, there’s a new, more honest, quote that came up in the news over the weekend.
“I don’t know many black people,” Miriam Margolyes, who plays Professor Sprout in the epic Harry Potter series, told Will.i.am on the Graham Norton show Friday night. He sat stunned and surprised at the British actresses candid remarks throughout the interview as he laughed and covered his face. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here