*The latest addition to the comedy website Funny or Die is a musical spoof of the critically acclaimed HBO series “The Wire,” with many of the show’s stars participating – including Snoop “as you’ve never seen her before.”
“The Wire: The Musical” debuted today with cast members reprising their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty drama about urban life and the drug war in Baltimore.
Joining Felicia “Snoop” Pearson in the spoof are her former cast members Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Sonja Sohn (Kima), Andre Royo (Bubbles) and Larry Gillard Jr. (D’Angelo).
Faison Love was brought in to play Idris Elba’s Stringer Bell.
The 4-minute video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like “Omar’s Comin,'” “It’s All in the Game” and “I’m Just a Burner” — a sad ditty from one of the numerous disposable cellphones used by drug dealers on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here