*The latest addition to the comedy website Funny or Die is a musical spoof of the critically acclaimed HBO series “The Wire,” with many of the show’s stars participating – including Snoop “as you’ve never seen her before.”
“The Wire: The Musical” debuted today with cast members reprising their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty drama about urban life and the drug war in Baltimore.
Joining Felicia “Snoop” Pearson in the spoof are her former cast members Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Sonja Sohn (Kima), Andre Royo (Bubbles) and Larry Gillard Jr. (D’Angelo).
Faison Love was brought in to play Idris Elba’s Stringer Bell.
The 4-minute video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like “Omar’s Comin,'” “It’s All in the Game” and “I’m Just a Burner” — a sad ditty from one of the numerous disposable cellphones used by drug dealers on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here