*The latest addition to the comedy website Funny or Die is a musical spoof of the critically acclaimed HBO series “The Wire,” with many of the show’s stars participating – including Snoop “as you’ve never seen her before.”
“The Wire: The Musical” debuted today with cast members reprising their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty drama about urban life and the drug war in Baltimore.
Joining Felicia “Snoop” Pearson in the spoof are her former cast members Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Sonja Sohn (Kima), Andre Royo (Bubbles) and Larry Gillard Jr. (D’Angelo).
Faison Love was brought in to play Idris Elba’s Stringer Bell.
The 4-minute video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like “Omar’s Comin,'” “It’s All in the Game” and “I’m Just a Burner” — a sad ditty from one of the numerous disposable cellphones used by drug dealers on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here