*The latest addition to the comedy website Funny or Die is a musical spoof of the critically acclaimed HBO series “The Wire,” with many of the show’s stars participating – including Snoop “as you’ve never seen her before.”
“The Wire: The Musical” debuted today with cast members reprising their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty drama about urban life and the drug war in Baltimore.
Joining Felicia “Snoop” Pearson in the spoof are her former cast members Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Sonja Sohn (Kima), Andre Royo (Bubbles) and Larry Gillard Jr. (D’Angelo).
Faison Love was brought in to play Idris Elba’s Stringer Bell.
The 4-minute video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like “Omar’s Comin,'” “It’s All in the Game” and “I’m Just a Burner” — a sad ditty from one of the numerous disposable cellphones used by drug dealers on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here