*“But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. . . . Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.” ~ (James 1:6, 8 NLT)
After God gives you a dream, the next step for building your faith is decision — God challenges you to do something about your dream.
Nothing is going to happen to that dream until you wake up and put it into action. You have to make the decision to go for it! For every 10 dreamers in the world, there is only one decision maker. A lot of people have dreams, but they never get to step 2 — making the decision to trust God and follow their dream.
James says, “But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. . . . Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do” (James 1:6, 8 NLT).
Faith is a verb. It’s active and not passive. It’s something you do. Decision making is a faith-building activity. You use your muscles of faith.
Faithful decision making requires two things:
- You must decide to invest your time, money, reputation, and energy. You lay it on the line; you take the plunge. You say, “God, you’ve told me to do this, and I’m going to be faithful to do it!”
- You have to let go of security. You cannot move in faith and hold onto the past at the same time. You have to move forward. Moses had to let go of his position in Pharaoh’s kingdom in order to do God’s will. Nehemiah gave up a secure job in order to go build a wall around Jerusalem. In other words, if you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.
God brings you to a point of decision so your faith will build as you move toward the dream God has given you.
Talk About It
- What step will you take today to work toward the dream God has given you?
- What do you need to let go of so that you can move forward in pursuing your dream?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here