*For the cover of 2 Chainz’s major label debut, the rapper hired the design house founded by Kanye West.
The photo, a simple portrait of two gold chains (pictured above), was shot by photographer Fabien Montique for DONDA – the artistic collective West named after his late mother, Donda West. He announced the venture in a lengthy Twitter monologue about his experiences in the fashion industry in January.
“Kanye and I share a similar vision and think along the same lines creatively. So, when it came time to develop the imagery for my project, I trusted him and his team at DONDA to get the job done and communicate my sentiments,” 2 Chainz told Billboard.com. “They were the first people I thought of. Their team is unprecedented. Expect next level imagery, sonics and stage performance. This is curated art. The Louvre of rap.”
West and 2 Chainz have been closely aligned in recent months, with West tweeting “2 Chainz is charging 100k for a verse now cause he’s G.O.O.D!!!!!!” in May and appearing at a 2 Chainz’s SXSW set in March.
2 Chainz’s “Based on a T.R.U. Story” is due Aug. 14 on Def Jam Records, a week after West’s upcoming G.O.O.D. Music collection, “Cruel Summer.”
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here