*For the cover of 2 Chainz’s major label debut, the rapper hired the design house founded by Kanye West.
The photo, a simple portrait of two gold chains (pictured above), was shot by photographer Fabien Montique for DONDA – the artistic collective West named after his late mother, Donda West. He announced the venture in a lengthy Twitter monologue about his experiences in the fashion industry in January.
“Kanye and I share a similar vision and think along the same lines creatively. So, when it came time to develop the imagery for my project, I trusted him and his team at DONDA to get the job done and communicate my sentiments,” 2 Chainz told Billboard.com. “They were the first people I thought of. Their team is unprecedented. Expect next level imagery, sonics and stage performance. This is curated art. The Louvre of rap.”
West and 2 Chainz have been closely aligned in recent months, with West tweeting “2 Chainz is charging 100k for a verse now cause he’s G.O.O.D!!!!!!” in May and appearing at a 2 Chainz’s SXSW set in March.
2 Chainz’s “Based on a T.R.U. Story” is due Aug. 14 on Def Jam Records, a week after West’s upcoming G.O.O.D. Music collection, “Cruel Summer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here