*For the cover of 2 Chainz’s major label debut, the rapper hired the design house founded by Kanye West.
The photo, a simple portrait of two gold chains (pictured above), was shot by photographer Fabien Montique for DONDA – the artistic collective West named after his late mother, Donda West. He announced the venture in a lengthy Twitter monologue about his experiences in the fashion industry in January.
“Kanye and I share a similar vision and think along the same lines creatively. So, when it came time to develop the imagery for my project, I trusted him and his team at DONDA to get the job done and communicate my sentiments,” 2 Chainz told Billboard.com. “They were the first people I thought of. Their team is unprecedented. Expect next level imagery, sonics and stage performance. This is curated art. The Louvre of rap.”
West and 2 Chainz have been closely aligned in recent months, with West tweeting “2 Chainz is charging 100k for a verse now cause he’s G.O.O.D!!!!!!” in May and appearing at a 2 Chainz’s SXSW set in March.
2 Chainz’s “Based on a T.R.U. Story” is due Aug. 14 on Def Jam Records, a week after West’s upcoming G.O.O.D. Music collection, “Cruel Summer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here