*For the cover of 2 Chainz’s major label debut, the rapper hired the design house founded by Kanye West.
The photo, a simple portrait of two gold chains (pictured above), was shot by photographer Fabien Montique for DONDA – the artistic collective West named after his late mother, Donda West. He announced the venture in a lengthy Twitter monologue about his experiences in the fashion industry in January.
“Kanye and I share a similar vision and think along the same lines creatively. So, when it came time to develop the imagery for my project, I trusted him and his team at DONDA to get the job done and communicate my sentiments,” 2 Chainz told Billboard.com. “They were the first people I thought of. Their team is unprecedented. Expect next level imagery, sonics and stage performance. This is curated art. The Louvre of rap.”
West and 2 Chainz have been closely aligned in recent months, with West tweeting “2 Chainz is charging 100k for a verse now cause he’s G.O.O.D!!!!!!” in May and appearing at a 2 Chainz’s SXSW set in March.
2 Chainz’s “Based on a T.R.U. Story” is due Aug. 14 on Def Jam Records, a week after West’s upcoming G.O.O.D. Music collection, “Cruel Summer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here