The NFL running back was arrested on July 6 following an incident in a Houston nightclub. According to reports, the athlete appeared to have drunken too much when he had a run in with an off duty officer, who was working security. Peterson allegedly shoved him and was then restrained by a couple of other officers.
Peterson denies the allegations and said he never touched the officer.
“I didn’t push, shove, touch anything to anyone that night, especially an officer,” Peterson said. “I definitely don’t have a problem with the Houston P.D. This involves two individual officers that I have an issue with. Once everything is settled and (comes) to a head, the truth will come out.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
In fact, the Vikings star’s attorney says he was actually the victim, saying he was “struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason.”
The trial is set to begin August 6.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here