The NFL running back was arrested on July 6 following an incident in a Houston nightclub. According to reports, the athlete appeared to have drunken too much when he had a run in with an off duty officer, who was working security. Peterson allegedly shoved him and was then restrained by a couple of other officers.
Peterson denies the allegations and said he never touched the officer.
“I didn’t push, shove, touch anything to anyone that night, especially an officer,” Peterson said. “I definitely don’t have a problem with the Houston P.D. This involves two individual officers that I have an issue with. Once everything is settled and (comes) to a head, the truth will come out.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
In fact, the Vikings star’s attorney says he was actually the victim, saying he was “struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason.”
The trial is set to begin August 6.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here