The NFL running back was arrested on July 6 following an incident in a Houston nightclub. According to reports, the athlete appeared to have drunken too much when he had a run in with an off duty officer, who was working security. Peterson allegedly shoved him and was then restrained by a couple of other officers.
Peterson denies the allegations and said he never touched the officer.
“I didn’t push, shove, touch anything to anyone that night, especially an officer,” Peterson said. “I definitely don’t have a problem with the Houston P.D. This involves two individual officers that I have an issue with. Once everything is settled and (comes) to a head, the truth will come out.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
In fact, the Vikings star’s attorney says he was actually the victim, saying he was “struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason.”
The trial is set to begin August 6.
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here