The NFL running back was arrested on July 6 following an incident in a Houston nightclub. According to reports, the athlete appeared to have drunken too much when he had a run in with an off duty officer, who was working security. Peterson allegedly shoved him and was then restrained by a couple of other officers.
Peterson denies the allegations and said he never touched the officer.
“I didn’t push, shove, touch anything to anyone that night, especially an officer,” Peterson said. “I definitely don’t have a problem with the Houston P.D. This involves two individual officers that I have an issue with. Once everything is settled and (comes) to a head, the truth will come out.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
In fact, the Vikings star’s attorney says he was actually the victim, saying he was “struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason.”
The trial is set to begin August 6.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here