Over at Essence, they spoke to Tippi Shorter, Keys’ longtime hairstylist. Shorter says that Alicia had been in the market for a new hairstyle for quite some time.
“Alicia has talked about cutting her for the last five years,” Shorter told Essence.com. “This seemed like the perfect time [for a cut] with the release of a new song appropriately titled ‘New Day.’”
Essence did a poll among its readers to find out how they feel about Alicia’s new look. Click here for the results and more info on Alicia’s new do.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here