“Broke” documents the former NFL Falcons wide receiver who made at least $19.12 million over his 12-year football career, but ran into debt troubles upon retirement.
The documentary not only checks on the status of these guys, but also investigates the psychology of men whose competitive nature drives them toward financial oblivion.
Like so many others, Rison accumulated a huge fortune, but filed bankruptcy in 2007 after failing to pay child support.
Other gruesome confessions will include the stories of stars like Jamal Mashburn, Bernie Kosar, and Marvin Miller, former executive director of the MLB Players Association.
“Broke” is scheduled to air this October on ESPN as part of its “30 for 30″ series.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here