*Imagine – a film about Jimi Hendrix without any of his music.
Andre 3000, currently starring in a biopic about the guitar legend’s life, will cover lots of songs by fellow 60s acts – like the Beatles, Muddy Waters and Elvis Presley – but he won’t be performing any Hendrix songs in the film, after producers couldn’t get permission from his estate to use them.
Producers, however, say the film, titled “All is By My Side,” is not about Hendrix after he became famous.
“This is the story of Jimi being discovered as a backup musician and how he went to London and became Jimi Hendrix,” producer Sean McKittrick clarified to Rolling Stone, adding that the film would be focusing on early stories about the late star, such as his jam sessions with Cream and when he met Eric Clapton.
A real life story, he claimed “would be like making a movie about Kurt Cobain – we all know how that story ends.”
Experience Hendrix, LLC, released a statement expressing their disproval, saying they have “made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without [the company’s] full participation.”
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here