*Imagine – a film about Jimi Hendrix without any of his music.
Andre 3000, currently starring in a biopic about the guitar legend’s life, will cover lots of songs by fellow 60s acts – like the Beatles, Muddy Waters and Elvis Presley – but he won’t be performing any Hendrix songs in the film, after producers couldn’t get permission from his estate to use them.
Producers, however, say the film, titled “All is By My Side,” is not about Hendrix after he became famous.
“This is the story of Jimi being discovered as a backup musician and how he went to London and became Jimi Hendrix,” producer Sean McKittrick clarified to Rolling Stone, adding that the film would be focusing on early stories about the late star, such as his jam sessions with Cream and when he met Eric Clapton.
A real life story, he claimed “would be like making a movie about Kurt Cobain – we all know how that story ends.”
Experience Hendrix, LLC, released a statement expressing their disproval, saying they have “made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without [the company’s] full participation.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here