*Imagine – a film about Jimi Hendrix without any of his music.
Andre 3000, currently starring in a biopic about the guitar legend’s life, will cover lots of songs by fellow 60s acts – like the Beatles, Muddy Waters and Elvis Presley – but he won’t be performing any Hendrix songs in the film, after producers couldn’t get permission from his estate to use them.
Producers, however, say the film, titled “All is By My Side,” is not about Hendrix after he became famous.
“This is the story of Jimi being discovered as a backup musician and how he went to London and became Jimi Hendrix,” producer Sean McKittrick clarified to Rolling Stone, adding that the film would be focusing on early stories about the late star, such as his jam sessions with Cream and when he met Eric Clapton.
A real life story, he claimed “would be like making a movie about Kurt Cobain – we all know how that story ends.”
Experience Hendrix, LLC, released a statement expressing their disproval, saying they have “made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without [the company’s] full participation.”
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here