*Anthony Mackie, currently in theaters with “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,” is in negotiations to star opposite Chris Evans in the sequel to “Captain America: The First Avenger,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Due April 4, 2014 from directors Joe and Anthony Russo, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” would likely star the actor as Falcon, one of mainstream comics’ first black superheroes and perhaps its first American one. However, nothing is confirmed because plot details are being kept on the down low.
Falcon, a.k.a. Sam Wilson, is from Harlem and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics, when he served as his partner, according to the Hollywood Reporter. His powers come from a suit that allows him to fly and boosts his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds.
Speaking of the winged creatures, Mackie’s career is soaring. With “Lincoln” in theaters, he’s got “Gangster Squad” with Sean Penn due in the fall, he recently wrapped Michael Bay’s “Pain and Gain” and is now in production on “Runner, Runner” with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake.
The 32-year-old New Orleans native attributes his diverse resume to his insistence on surrounding himself with normal everyday people, which in turn inspires his work. …It’s why Mackie decided three years ago to move back to the Big Easy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here