*Anthony Mackie, currently in theaters with “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,” is in negotiations to star opposite Chris Evans in the sequel to “Captain America: The First Avenger,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Due April 4, 2014 from directors Joe and Anthony Russo, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” would likely star the actor as Falcon, one of mainstream comics’ first black superheroes and perhaps its first American one. However, nothing is confirmed because plot details are being kept on the down low.
Falcon, a.k.a. Sam Wilson, is from Harlem and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics, when he served as his partner, according to the Hollywood Reporter. His powers come from a suit that allows him to fly and boosts his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds.
Speaking of the winged creatures, Mackie’s career is soaring. With “Lincoln” in theaters, he’s got “Gangster Squad” with Sean Penn due in the fall, he recently wrapped Michael Bay’s “Pain and Gain” and is now in production on “Runner, Runner” with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake.
The 32-year-old New Orleans native attributes his diverse resume to his insistence on surrounding himself with normal everyday people, which in turn inspires his work. …It’s why Mackie decided three years ago to move back to the Big Easy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here