*Anthony Mackie, currently in theaters with “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,” is in negotiations to star opposite Chris Evans in the sequel to “Captain America: The First Avenger,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Due April 4, 2014 from directors Joe and Anthony Russo, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” would likely star the actor as Falcon, one of mainstream comics’ first black superheroes and perhaps its first American one. However, nothing is confirmed because plot details are being kept on the down low.
Falcon, a.k.a. Sam Wilson, is from Harlem and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics, when he served as his partner, according to the Hollywood Reporter. His powers come from a suit that allows him to fly and boosts his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds.
Speaking of the winged creatures, Mackie’s career is soaring. With “Lincoln” in theaters, he’s got “Gangster Squad” with Sean Penn due in the fall, he recently wrapped Michael Bay’s “Pain and Gain” and is now in production on “Runner, Runner” with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake.
The 32-year-old New Orleans native attributes his diverse resume to his insistence on surrounding himself with normal everyday people, which in turn inspires his work. …It’s why Mackie decided three years ago to move back to the Big Easy.
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here