Smith has been charged with the murders of two brothers and another man who were kidnapped and robbed before they were killed.
A criminal complaint filed earlier this week in Los Angeles charges Smith with murder with special circumstances, making him eligible for the death penalty.
The former NFL player is currently awaiting retrial in the 2008 murder of Maurilio Pence. A jury failed to reach a verdict in April.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Smith was charged with the November 1999 slayings of brothers Kevin and Ricky Nettles and the 2001 death of Dennis Henderson.
A phone message left for defense attorney Michael Evans was not immediately returned Friday.
Smith was a defensive end with Oakland and later the Los Angeles Raiders of the National Football League from 1991 to 1998.
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here