Now that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have declared the end of their judging careers on “American Idol,” the queen of soul revived an interest in being involved.
In response to an email question asking Franklin whether she is interested in joining “Idol” as a judge or a mentor, the singer responded, “Yes I am interested as a judge!”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The 70-year-old has been around the block and feels she is more than ready to take on a role like this.
Tyler, the lead singer for Aerosmith, announced Thursday that he would not be returning for a third season of “Idol.” Just a day later, Lopez announced the same fate. Faithful Randy Jackson remains the only judge for the show, for now.
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here