Now that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have declared the end of their judging careers on “American Idol,” the queen of soul revived an interest in being involved.
In response to an email question asking Franklin whether she is interested in joining “Idol” as a judge or a mentor, the singer responded, “Yes I am interested as a judge!”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The 70-year-old has been around the block and feels she is more than ready to take on a role like this.
Tyler, the lead singer for Aerosmith, announced Thursday that he would not be returning for a third season of “Idol.” Just a day later, Lopez announced the same fate. Faithful Randy Jackson remains the only judge for the show, for now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here