Now that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have declared the end of their judging careers on “American Idol,” the queen of soul revived an interest in being involved.
In response to an email question asking Franklin whether she is interested in joining “Idol” as a judge or a mentor, the singer responded, “Yes I am interested as a judge!”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The 70-year-old has been around the block and feels she is more than ready to take on a role like this.
Tyler, the lead singer for Aerosmith, announced Thursday that he would not be returning for a third season of “Idol.” Just a day later, Lopez announced the same fate. Faithful Randy Jackson remains the only judge for the show, for now.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here