Now that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have declared the end of their judging careers on “American Idol,” the queen of soul revived an interest in being involved.
In response to an email question asking Franklin whether she is interested in joining “Idol” as a judge or a mentor, the singer responded, “Yes I am interested as a judge!”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The 70-year-old has been around the block and feels she is more than ready to take on a role like this.
Tyler, the lead singer for Aerosmith, announced Thursday that he would not be returning for a third season of “Idol.” Just a day later, Lopez announced the same fate. Faithful Randy Jackson remains the only judge for the show, for now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here