IRS investigators found that Sigel did not file tax returns from 1999 through 2002, except for a $10,000 tax payment in 2001, reports Philly.com.
A federal judge Thursday sentenced the South Philadelphia rapper to two years behind bars for failing to file tax returns for the years 2003 through 2005.
Sigel, whose real name is Dwight Grant, pleaded guilty to the charges in August 2011. U.S. District Judge Jan DuBois also imposed a year of supervised release after the sentence during which time Sigel is supposed to pay all back taxes, interest and penalties he owes.
Like EURweb on Facebook
DuBois gave Sigel, 38, who appeared for sentencing in a gray, short-sleeve polo shirt and baggy denim jeans, until Sept. 12 to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons.
Federal prosecutors said that Sigel earned more than $2.2 million in taxable income between 1999 and 2005 and owed Uncle Sam $728,536 for those six years. (He was not charged with tax offenses for the years 1999 through 2002 because the statute of limitations had expired.)
Read/learn more at Philly.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here