IRS investigators found that Sigel did not file tax returns from 1999 through 2002, except for a $10,000 tax payment in 2001, reports Philly.com.
A federal judge Thursday sentenced the South Philadelphia rapper to two years behind bars for failing to file tax returns for the years 2003 through 2005.
Sigel, whose real name is Dwight Grant, pleaded guilty to the charges in August 2011. U.S. District Judge Jan DuBois also imposed a year of supervised release after the sentence during which time Sigel is supposed to pay all back taxes, interest and penalties he owes.
Like EURweb on Facebook
DuBois gave Sigel, 38, who appeared for sentencing in a gray, short-sleeve polo shirt and baggy denim jeans, until Sept. 12 to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons.
Federal prosecutors said that Sigel earned more than $2.2 million in taxable income between 1999 and 2005 and owed Uncle Sam $728,536 for those six years. (He was not charged with tax offenses for the years 1999 through 2002 because the statute of limitations had expired.)
Read/learn more at Philly.com.
- Sandra Bland’s Family Proceeds with Federal Lawsuit
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here