This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here