This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here