This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here