This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here