This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here