This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here