This year the network’s tentpole social event stirred up enough interest and interaction to generate over 10 million unique tweets — up 683 percent from 2011.
Overall, the BET Awards was the third most social tentpole event in 2012 behind only the Super Bowl and the Grammys, according to according to Media Bistro.
Ratings wise, BET Awards 2012 drew 7.4 million viewers down slightly from last year’s 7.7 million. It’s still the top awards show on cable, but is likely to lose the crown to the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards in September.
It’s worth noting however, that this year the award show was held in July instead of June. That’s because it was pushed back a week to stay out of the way of the NBA Finals.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here