For the most part, many African Americans on Twitter talked about how they felt the show was well done except for a few misplaced performances.
Essence.com writer Demetria Lucas wrote a recap highlighting the top moments of last night’s show.
Check out an excerpt below:
Roasting the BET Awards seems to be a time-honored Black tradition, and (Sunday) night, Black Twitter just made it all the more live. The snarking and the praising, too, were in full effect for what turned out to be a solid show with multiple performances worth watching.
Much pre-show ado was made about veteran actor Samuel L. Jackson as the host, and while he had humorous moments, they weren’t very memorable. Bringing Spike Lee to the stage for a spoof of Kanye and Jay-Zs mega-hit “N****s in Paris” was supposed to be funny — and it was when Sam did the Gator Shake from Jungle Fever — but it came across more like the way my father makes fun of rap music. Even Jackson’s participation in the beloved “Real Husbands of Hollywood” skits, which debuted at last year’s awards show and will become an actual TV show featuring Kevin Hart this fall, fell flat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here