For the most part, many African Americans on Twitter talked about how they felt the show was well done except for a few misplaced performances.
Essence.com writer Demetria Lucas wrote a recap highlighting the top moments of last night’s show.
Check out an excerpt below:
Roasting the BET Awards seems to be a time-honored Black tradition, and (Sunday) night, Black Twitter just made it all the more live. The snarking and the praising, too, were in full effect for what turned out to be a solid show with multiple performances worth watching.
Much pre-show ado was made about veteran actor Samuel L. Jackson as the host, and while he had humorous moments, they weren’t very memorable. Bringing Spike Lee to the stage for a spoof of Kanye and Jay-Zs mega-hit “N****s in Paris” was supposed to be funny — and it was when Sam did the Gator Shake from Jungle Fever — but it came across more like the way my father makes fun of rap music. Even Jackson’s participation in the beloved “Real Husbands of Hollywood” skits, which debuted at last year’s awards show and will become an actual TV show featuring Kevin Hart this fall, fell flat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here