Bey was so upset at what they said about Lauryn Hill, that she changed her acceptance speech (on the fly) to honor the former Fugee.
So let’s start with The Diss — Comedian Mike Epps and the group Mindless Behavior were co-presenting the award for Best R&B Artist when Mike jokingly tried to sing.
One of the members of the group quipped, “You sing BAD … like Lauryn Hill’s tax accountant bad.”
The diss drew gasps from the crowd … and pissed off Beyonce, who ultimately WON the award that was being presented.
Like EURweb on Facebook
But TMZ has learned … B was so upset, she scrapped the speech she had prepared and defended Lauryn’s honor instead … saying, “I want to thank all the talented R&B women that came before me like Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige.”
When B walked off stage, there was a woman waiting for her — possibly a BET handler — and B began to vent about the insult, saying the Lauryn Hill diss was “disrespectful” and “not cool.”
The woman complimented Beyonce for adding Lauryn Hill’s name to her acceptance speech … to which Beyonce replied, “I just felt [the diss] was wrong.”
Beyonce’s rep was called for a comment , but so far, nada.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here