Bey was so upset at what they said about Lauryn Hill, that she changed her acceptance speech (on the fly) to honor the former Fugee.
So let’s start with The Diss — Comedian Mike Epps and the group Mindless Behavior were co-presenting the award for Best R&B Artist when Mike jokingly tried to sing.
One of the members of the group quipped, “You sing BAD … like Lauryn Hill’s tax accountant bad.”
The diss drew gasps from the crowd … and pissed off Beyonce, who ultimately WON the award that was being presented.
Like EURweb on Facebook
But TMZ has learned … B was so upset, she scrapped the speech she had prepared and defended Lauryn’s honor instead … saying, “I want to thank all the talented R&B women that came before me like Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige.”
When B walked off stage, there was a woman waiting for her — possibly a BET handler — and B began to vent about the insult, saying the Lauryn Hill diss was “disrespectful” and “not cool.”
The woman complimented Beyonce for adding Lauryn Hill’s name to her acceptance speech … to which Beyonce replied, “I just felt [the diss] was wrong.”
Beyonce’s rep was called for a comment , but so far, nada.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here