Bey was so upset at what they said about Lauryn Hill, that she changed her acceptance speech (on the fly) to honor the former Fugee.
So let’s start with The Diss — Comedian Mike Epps and the group Mindless Behavior were co-presenting the award for Best R&B Artist when Mike jokingly tried to sing.
One of the members of the group quipped, “You sing BAD … like Lauryn Hill’s tax accountant bad.”
The diss drew gasps from the crowd … and pissed off Beyonce, who ultimately WON the award that was being presented.
Like EURweb on Facebook
But TMZ has learned … B was so upset, she scrapped the speech she had prepared and defended Lauryn’s honor instead … saying, “I want to thank all the talented R&B women that came before me like Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige.”
When B walked off stage, there was a woman waiting for her — possibly a BET handler — and B began to vent about the insult, saying the Lauryn Hill diss was “disrespectful” and “not cool.”
The woman complimented Beyonce for adding Lauryn Hill’s name to her acceptance speech … to which Beyonce replied, “I just felt [the diss] was wrong.”
Beyonce’s rep was called for a comment , but so far, nada.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here