*Beyonce has joined the growing voice of public support for rapper Frank Ocean, who announced last week that his first love was a man.
Ocean, a writer on Bey’s track “I Miss You,” revealed on his Tumblr blog July 3 that he fell in love with a man five years ago. “4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together,” he wrote.
Bey wrote a short poem to the artist on her blog, praising his decision to come out.
“Be fearless / be honest / be generous / be brave / be poetic / be open / be free / be yourself / be in love / be happy / be inspiration,” she wrote atop a photo of Ocean, whose new album, “Channel Orange,” debuted on iTunes last night. The album drops in stores on July 17.
On Monday, Ocean tweeted his gratitude for the mountain of support: “Trying to figure out what to say to a million people…s–t, uhh world peace haha.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here