*Beyonce has joined the growing voice of public support for rapper Frank Ocean, who announced last week that his first love was a man.
Ocean, a writer on Bey’s track “I Miss You,” revealed on his Tumblr blog July 3 that he fell in love with a man five years ago. “4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together,” he wrote.
Bey wrote a short poem to the artist on her blog, praising his decision to come out.
“Be fearless / be honest / be generous / be brave / be poetic / be open / be free / be yourself / be in love / be happy / be inspiration,” she wrote atop a photo of Ocean, whose new album, “Channel Orange,” debuted on iTunes last night. The album drops in stores on July 17.
On Monday, Ocean tweeted his gratitude for the mountain of support: “Trying to figure out what to say to a million people…s–t, uhh world peace haha.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here