*Beyonce has joined the growing voice of public support for rapper Frank Ocean, who announced last week that his first love was a man.
Ocean, a writer on Bey’s track “I Miss You,” revealed on his Tumblr blog July 3 that he fell in love with a man five years ago. “4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together,” he wrote.
Bey wrote a short poem to the artist on her blog, praising his decision to come out.
“Be fearless / be honest / be generous / be brave / be poetic / be open / be free / be yourself / be in love / be happy / be inspiration,” she wrote atop a photo of Ocean, whose new album, “Channel Orange,” debuted on iTunes last night. The album drops in stores on July 17.
On Monday, Ocean tweeted his gratitude for the mountain of support: “Trying to figure out what to say to a million people…s–t, uhh world peace haha.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here