*Beyonce has joined the growing voice of public support for rapper Frank Ocean, who announced last week that his first love was a man.
Ocean, a writer on Bey’s track “I Miss You,” revealed on his Tumblr blog July 3 that he fell in love with a man five years ago. “4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together,” he wrote.
Bey wrote a short poem to the artist on her blog, praising his decision to come out.
“Be fearless / be honest / be generous / be brave / be poetic / be open / be free / be yourself / be in love / be happy / be inspiration,” she wrote atop a photo of Ocean, whose new album, “Channel Orange,” debuted on iTunes last night. The album drops in stores on July 17.
On Monday, Ocean tweeted his gratitude for the mountain of support: “Trying to figure out what to say to a million people…s–t, uhh world peace haha.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here