*Beyonce has joined the growing voice of public support for rapper Frank Ocean, who announced last week that his first love was a man.
Ocean, a writer on Bey’s track “I Miss You,” revealed on his Tumblr blog July 3 that he fell in love with a man five years ago. “4 summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together,” he wrote.
Bey wrote a short poem to the artist on her blog, praising his decision to come out.
“Be fearless / be honest / be generous / be brave / be poetic / be open / be free / be yourself / be in love / be happy / be inspiration,” she wrote atop a photo of Ocean, whose new album, “Channel Orange,” debuted on iTunes last night. The album drops in stores on July 17.
On Monday, Ocean tweeted his gratitude for the mountain of support: “Trying to figure out what to say to a million people…s–t, uhh world peace haha.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here