*President Obama has tapped one of his biggest supporters for his latest celebrity campaign video.
In a spot that praises his wife Michelle Obama, Bey reads the letter she wrote to the First Lady and posted on her official blog last April.
“Michelle is the ultimate example of a truly strong African-American woman,” says the wife of rapper Jay-Z. “She is a caring mother, she’s a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady. No matter the pressure, and the stress of being under the microscope, she’s humble, loving and sensitive.”
Beyonce, who gave birth to daughter Blue Ivy Carter in January, gushes: “Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that you do for us. I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to.”
Bey has known the Obamas for years: she performed “At Last” as the presidential couple danced during the 2009 Inauguration celebration, and Michelle Obama took daughters Sasha and Malia to the singer’s Atlantic City concert in May.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here