Scientists discovered a new tiny blood-sucking parasite that infests fish on Caribbean coral reefs. The name: Gnathia marlyi – named after Bob Marley.
Some may view this a bit disturbing and maybe disrespectful, being that the famous reggae singer stood for love, peace and harmony. But marine biologist Paul Sikkel sees it as paying homage to the late great singer.
He said the name came from a deep place in his heart, out of “respect and admiration” for Marley.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The creature is a new species within the family of gnathiids, parasites found on coral reefs, says the Associated Press.
Other celebs that have been honored with an insect include Stephen Colbert and Beyoncé.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here